FREE Thai Alphabet Game F for Android

FREE Thai Alphabet Game F for Android
Free app for learning Thai Alphabet on Play Store

Motion Simulation in Solid Edge using sketches together with Microsoft Excel VBA Programming Part I


Solid Edge has a very useful application called "Motion" which allows a user to simulate the movement of mechanical parts. This enables the machine designers to test and make sure that the movement of their mechanism is the same as they expect before manufacturing parts. This helps save a lot of money.

However, instead of using "Motion" application, I would like to show you how to simulate the motion of mechanical parts using a sketch in Solid Edge together with Microsoft Excel.

Why?

Most of the time, I started my mechanical design with the concept and layout using sketches. If we could simulate the motion of mechanical parts in a sketch, it would help me a lot.

I got this idea when I was playing with sketches and constraints in Solid Edge. Solid Edge allows us to change the dimensions easily by just rotating the mouse wheel.

Watch the following video to see how easy to make the motion in sketch.



So what I have to do is just to have Microsoft Excel VBA changes the dimensional values in Solid Edge sketch.

Here is the results of this idea ...



Let's see how to do this in the next post...


Read more info about Mechanical Engineering Design Handbook